Dave sez:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/22/AR2007032202132.html
>
> I wonder if we'll get any useful advanced technology
> clues from the French UFO files?
>
> Dave

FWIW, probably not. It may spark a few comments here and there concerning the
interesting fact that encounters of the extraordinary keep happening on our
planet, but then... so what.

Consider this recent news flash: Fife Symington the former Republican governor
of Arizona has recently publicly admitted to the world that he pretty well
convinced himself that the so-called "Phoenix lights", the sensational news
incident that tens and thousands witnessed over the Phoenix skies around ten
years ago, were not from this world. He even admits to participating in an
attempt to diffuse the situation at a news conference he conducted where he
paraded out a man in an alien suit to help turn the incident into a joke. Check
out cnn.com for more info on this subject. There's video as well.

People will continue to believe what they want to believe about the subject.
Everything from: "Space Brothers have come to save us" to "The Spawn of Satan's
Loins have come to serve us up" will flourish unabated - especially in the book
stores where there is a buck to be made.

As long as these incidents continue to remain, for the most part, eye witnesses
accounts, there are plenty of ways to rationalize away the phenomenon,
one-incident-at-a-time. The vast majority on this planet would prefer to keep
the status quo as-is.

There's goes the neighborhood.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson