Jed,

I have watched and listened to every word the man has publicly (and to a certain extent privately) uttered on the subject for the last five years. There is a clear progression. Off the top of my head, he was reported to have said on a Canadian radio show something about not buying it till it was on the shelves..which is not a very scientific statement, but it's also not saying it's "pathological science." A year or two later he was quoted in a paper saying something like, "I wouldn't go out and invest in it yet."

Look at the metadata. It's all there.