Hi,
[snip]
>Sorry to be so obtuse Robin, do you mean (Hy - Hy)+ with one electron orbiting
>around?

I think you get it. It's two protons tightly bound by a single shrunken
electron, which is thus a Hydrino molecular ion, acting as a nucleus, with an
additional electron in a normal Bohr "ground state" orbit.
As near as I can tell it should be chemically virtually indistinguishable from
normal D, and hence should form part of natural heavy water.
(Not heavy water created in fission reactors, which is formed by addition of a
real neutron to protium).
Because Hydrinos are formed among other places, on the Sun, they should be
carried to the Earth in the Solar wind, some in the form of Hydrino molecular
ions, and when they interact with Oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere, they can
form Faux heavy water, which eventually falls as rain. Faux D can be
distinguished from normal D by bombarding it with ionizing radiation with a per
particle energy of at least 3000 eV. This is enough to break the Hydrino
molecular ion apart, freeing up the proton which is then easily detected with
SIMS. Since SIMS itself usually uses primary ions with an energy well in excess
of 3000 eV, these should be capable of serving both purposes concurrently, hence
my interest in SIMS results from heavy water experiments.

The 3000 eV is actually a bit of a cheat. This is the energy required to break
up a Hydrino molecular ion containing a Hydrino shrunken to level 24, which is
IMO the most interesting, because it's the lowest level still capable of forming
Hydrinohydride according to Mills. However Faux D could exist at any level of
shrinkage, from 2 to at least 120.
Hydrinohydride formation is important because it can be an intermediary in the
rapid formation of Hydrino molecules, which in turn are important for clean
fusion see -
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/Molecular%20Hydrino%20Fusion.htm
[snip]
BTW I think SIMS usually uses about 20000 eV, which would be enough to separate
a Hydrino molecular ion with shrinkage level 49. If my variant of Mills theory
is correct, then this would imply a radius of the Hydrino of only 22 fm,
allowing for very rapid fusion. (A level 24 shrinkage implies a radius of 92
fm).
Note that muon catalyzed fusion happens at a distance of Bohr radius / 207 = 256
fm, and at that distance it is already blindingly fast, with up to 150 reactions
being catalyzed during the lifetime of the muon (on average 2.2 micro seconds),
and this takes into account the migration time of the muon from one atom to the
next, as well as the actual time for fusion to occur.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.