Hi Harry,
[snip]
>>> Yes, but how can you be certain (other than by a the "laws of physics"
>>> argument) that the tube is not contributing a novel lifting force when the
>>> power exceeds a certain value.
>>
>> I can't. I'm just explaining it as I see it. If you think I'm wrong, then
>> build
>> the device, and measure the lift. Then you will know for sure who's right.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Robin van Spaandonk
>

>I thinking more along the lines...how would one test the hypothesis
>experimentally?
[snip]
You suggest a new force that only takes effect when the power exceeds a certain
level. If this happens then it would show up as a "kink" in the graph of lifting
force plotted against input power.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.