(GMT-04:00):
Hi,
[snip]
>Robin van Spaandonk writes:
>
>>>Where document are you talking about? I do not see "Unit Cost" in the
>>>NREL document.
>>
>>In each of the diagrams, under each "fuel type", e.g. for CRUDE OIL/GASOLINE
>>they have a Unit Cost ($/kW) : 1000, Total Cost ($/kW delivered) 8505.
>
>Ah, you are talking about the diagrams on pages 2 - 15. The "$/kW" cost is for
>capital equipment, as listed in Appendix C, p. 15. For example, in column 2 it
>shows that an advanced Central Baseload Fossil Plant is expected to cost
>$1,200 per kW, and footnote 1 says this is based on:

That makes sense for an electric power plant, where the cost of capital
equipment is well known, but not much sense for e.g. CRUDE OIL/GASOLINE, where
the cost can the calculated any of a thousand different ways, depending on what
one decides to include or leave out.

It would have made a lot more sense to do the entire comparison based on cost /
unit energy, because the energy suppliers already include their own costs
(including plant costs) when they calculate the price they are going to charge.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.