On Apr 7, 2007, at 6:56 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

In your earlier paper, you cited Jefimenko's idea that the correspondence between gravity and the electromagnetic field is based on causality and the effects of retardation. Is that another way (and precedent) of saying the same thing ?

I wrote: "No, I think it is saying *exactly* the same thing - with only the slight modification of the use of the imaginary number i to fix some of Jefimenko's computational problems. My little theory is based 100% on Jefimenko's theory of retardation and casuality, as was noted in the defining articles. The implications of this little addition of +-i, however, were astounding to me, and led immediately to numerous conclusions and speculations that could not be drawn from Jefimenko's work."

Oooooops! I misread the question! I read the above as "... correspondence between gravity and the *gravimagnetic* field is based on causality and the effects of retardation." Sorry!

I don't think Jefimenko meant that the correspondence between gravity and the electromagnetic field is based on causality and the effects of retardation. I don't either. The importance of causality and retardation is that these considerations demonstrate the necessity of and fully account for the magnetic fields B and K given the existence of fields E and g provided they carried by finite speed messenger particles, and are thus "causal". The similarity of laws and constants, at least in part, between gravity and electrostatic fields has long been noted. Jefimenko showed that E implies the existence B, and thus, similarly, g implies K. However, he did not establish a full isomorphism, and had to tweek individual laws as he examined them in order to make some kind of correspondence.

Regards,

Horace Heffner