You *have* read William Bramley's _The Gods of Eden_, n'est-ce pas?

Terry

Hmmm....maybe, but do not recall it ... am heading to the library just now anyway, so its on my list.

According to this review-- it is an interesting thesis - especially if more-than-one, shall we say: 'competing interests' has been 'lurking in the shadows of history for centuries ?

My stepfather was an intelligent man, and devout -- but he refused to believe that the Jehovah and the Allah could be the same. Maybe they are simply different 'mainframes' so to speak.... Wonder which one reports to the AC Clarke obelisk <g> ?

BTW ... "W" may have read Bramley (or more likely his speech writer):

http://www.serendipity.li/eden.html