Hi,
[snip]
>Of course, since that increase would increase the tides, and increase
>the amount of land underwater both during high and low tide, your
>comparison to the tides is completely irrelevant.

It's true that the effect adds to both high and low tides, however we are
talking mm's here (at least at present) as opposed to meters for the tides
themselves, and the variation in the tides with wind and weather is going to
totally swamp the effect you are talking about. That's why I said it gets lost
in the noise.

Of course, over the longer term (a hundred years?) the effect you mention will
play a role, however I suspect that even then it will not be all that
significant. Furthermore, much of the covered land will be what is currently
beach anyway (sand IOW), and sand is also quite reflective. I can't guess
whether covering it with water would increase or decrease the total
reflectivity.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.