Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
> Hi,
> [snip]
>> I'm curious if any physicist has truly calculated the probability at room
>> temperatures?  I doubt it's once per billion years. The probability changes
>> according to duration and material amount, correct?
> [snip]
> I have seen figures quoted for the fusion time of the Deuterium molecule of
> about 1E80 years.

If true then the science community cannot say fusion does not occur in say heavy water at room temperature. What they could say is cold fusion cannot offer a means of usable energy, but IMHO such a statement is in ignorance by setting a limitation. For example, nearly all EE's and physicists think it's ridiculous to extract energy from magnetic material. When I describe what is truly occurring within magnetic material on the atomic scale they suddenly hush up, because they missed it. They just did not think of the possibility. The amount of energy exchange from magnetic to lattice entropy occurring in certain Finemet nanocrystalline & amorphous cores oscillating between near saturation at 100 KHz is well over 10 mega watts.

Regarding the half-life of a single atom of deuterium being 1E+80 years, is that a QM calculated prediction? Last time I checked, the half-life of a proton is now set at 1E+33 years. Is deuterium more stable than a proton?? Tritium half-life is 12.46 years. Also, some of these experiments are working in near absolute zero conditions. I'm wondering at what temperature these figures were measured or calculated.

Regards,
Paul Lowrance