Hi,
[snip]
>Vortexians;
>
>I was in stupid mode when I failed to realize that 3 Li -> would produce
>1 O18. I'm wondering if this is the reaction Jones was talking about? If
>this is the case, what kind of energy relase are we talking about? I
>assume that O18 a rare isotope, so an isotopic analysis of gas coming
>off of a Li ion battery would reflect this production?
[snip]
3 X Li6 = F18, though of course this would rapidly decay to O18. Nevertheless
this reaction is not likely to be responsible for much O18 IMO, because Li6 is
only about 7% of Li, which means that even in the unlikely event that 3 Li atoms
fuse, there is only 1 chance in 3000 that all three will be Li6. (unless of
course Li6 and Li7 are usually formed in more equal proportions, and the Li7 is
left over on Earth because all the Li6 fused. ;)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.