I just got around to reading the experimental results at:

http://amasci.com/weird/unusual/airexp.html

I was surprised to see: "- I can't see any effects from a 3/4" neodymium magnet. At 10nA, the magnetism around each thread must be incredibly small." That's an indication the ratio of q/m is very small. A very tiny current still makes for a large deflection if q/m is large. Looks like you have a large molecular chain made of polar molecules, maybe made of H20 or CO2 or both, with very high resistance. If the chain is water, the conduction would actually be proton conduction, protons tunneling between water molecules in the form of H3O+.

Regards,

Horace Heffner