Steven Krivit wrote:

I'm in touch with a few under-the-radar private ventures. They fly low because they believe they have something real, and consequently, don't want to attract heavy competition.

As I said before, in my opinion, people who think they can develop something like cold fusion in secret are deluded. That is like trying to develop a RAM memory chip in 1948 before anyone has figured out how semiconductors work.

It truly takes a major public effort or a very deep-pockets, confident private group.

It can only be done with the public effort. $10 billion spent by one private group would not be enough. All the money in the world would not suffice, because it is almost certain that the group would make a mistake, go off the track and try to develop something that cannot work.

People who think they can do this on their own, in secret, ignore the lessons of history. I have no idea what is happening with Randy Mills but I suppose -- I guess -- that has gone through tens of millions of dollars and he has accomplished nothing because it is all-but impossible for an isolated group under one leader to make progress in fundamental science. Any single leader will make a fatal mistake, and without critiques and suggestions from colleagues outside the project, the leader will never see the problem. This is what happened with the NHE program, for example.

See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJtransistor.pdf

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJtransistora.pdf