Jed Rothwell wrote:

thomas malloy wrote:

Hitler could have done the same thing with the Atlantic Wall, but he was outfoxed by Allied intelligence. If he had moved the Panzers in the first hours of D-Day, the attack would have probably failed.

The German generals were afraid to wake him up. I suppose after an amphetamine binge, he'd wake up crabby as hell.

Also, he and the German high command were fooled by elaborate deception schemes, and they did not concentrate their forces on Normandy until it was too late. See the book by A. C. Brown, "Bodyguard of Lies."

- Jed

In The Longest Day, Romel is shown wanting to deploy the panzers, but only Hitler could give the order and the staff was afraid to wake him up. I concede that movies are not the best history teachers.

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---