I seldom write anything right the first time through, despite proof reading. Sigh.

I wrote: "But, as you point out, this is not true if you get well away from that center line (and you are well out in space where there is no field from the universe.) Then the absolute net charge on the plates is clearly visible by which way the electron goes, which can be away from the spheres or towards them."

"But, as you point out, this is not true if you get well away from that center line (and the spheres and you are well out in space where there is no field from the universe.) Then the absolute net charge on the spheres is clearly visible by which way the electron goes, which can be away from the spheres, or towards them.

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/