>>> Since Knapen says it is OU, and he ought to know, what
>>> may have happened is that his remarks refer to a different
>>> version of the toy than was seen in the video.

>> I think that's a stretch to speculate that Knapen is
>> actually referring to a different model. I reveal my
>> ignorance here, but who is Knapen? At first glance he
>> seems knowledgeable.

> He is the ceo of Kinetron, which appears to be the company
> that is working with Steorn.
>
> It may be mental myopia but, given his credentials
> (http://kinetron.nl), I am taking him at his word that
> he saw OU. I can't believe someone as knowledgeable about
> magnets as Knapen would think he saw OU when he did not.

Thanks for the link tip. I must admit that Knapen does appear (at
least to me) to have more than two magnetic marbles rolling around in
his brain.

FWIW, a recent GOOGLE ALERT news post on "STEORN" brought me the following link:

http://dispatchesfromthefuture.com/2007/09/established_inventor_validates_orbo.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/yrycy4

Quote:

Knapen founded the Dutch company Kinetron in 1984, where he invented
the microgenerators used in watches that are powered by the movement
of the wearer and so do not require a battery. Apparently Sean
McCarthy has told the SPDC that Kinetron will be manufacturing the
Orbo motors to power the demo devices that are set to be manufactured
to coincide with the public release of the Orbo technology.

In the video Knapen is shown commenting on an early demonstration
'toy' designed to display higher energy output than input, but not
designed to cycle perpetually. This video was made sometime before
December 12th 2006, when it was presented to a small group at the
Kinetica museum; it was also long ago shown to the SPDC. However, this
is the first time that the video is available to the public. The
documentary style editing and peppy background beat suggest that the
video was put together as a promotional piece. It was allegedly found
during an unrelated Google Video search by Steorn forum member
RunningBare.

End Quote.

> Since the device does not end up in the same position in
> which it began, and needs to be manually reset to get there,
> either Knapen is wrong about seeing OU, or the video we see
> is a little different from the one he is describing.

The above link would suggest you might be right on that point.

> With Steorn's penchant for secrecy, it doesn't seem too
> unlikely that they would have filmed a public video that
> was not OU, while using Knapen's remarks to give authority
> to their claim of OU.

If so, that is a dangerous and deceptive game to play. From my
perspective to employ such tactics has the potential of only
strengthening the skeptic's corner. But then, perhaps that was part of
STEORN's "master plan" all along. read on...

> Of course, there is always the scam/hoax alternative.

Yes, there is always that "alternative". That's probably what Mr.
Occam would suggest.

Here's another admittedly convoluted and probably not very accurate
explanation: A deliberate amount disinformation instigated on STEORN's
part to buy the company time to get their prototype up and running. If
STEORN presumably -KNOWS- (or at least believes) without a shadow of
doubt that their technology produces OU, then I can see how such a
sense of "collective corporate conviction" could possibly be in the
company's self-interest to disseminate a little disinformation in
order to dampen potential competition that could possibly interfere
with STEORN's own financial plans to dominate this particular OU
market.

In times of war, carefully planned and planted disinformation is one
of the most effective means of implementing a successful surprise
invasion attack.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com