On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Horace Heffner wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Harry Veeder wrote:
> > Neat.
> >
> > Do you think water could be parted using similar techniques?
>
> Sure.  Just apply like polarities to the two beakers.

I tried this experiment long ago, but it didn't work.  I'm pretty sure
that the AC hum on my unfiltered HV supply was screwing things up.  I'd
never got around to trying it with a truely-DC supply (or with an
electrostatic generator.)

The original researcher has joined youtube and posted more water-bridge
videos:

  http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmarCFuchs

> >> http://www.physorg.com/news110191847.html
>

> Horace Heffner
> http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  425-222-5066    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci