Hi,
[snip]
>I would like to hear why you would expect 12 MeV alphas predicted by
>a theory as the principal reaction path to *not* be a major problem
>with the theory.
[snip]
It might or might not be, depending. First, in the case of ichaphysics, we are
looking at a theory where the alphas are created within the lattice of a solid,
and even energetic alphas have a very short range in solids (and hence are
difficult to detect using detectors external to the experiment; reason why CR-39
has recently been employed). Second, only a very small percentage may be created
near enough to the surface to escape, as the required density of the deuterium
lattice may not be high enough very close to the surface to support the proposed
reaction mechanism.
(a "rough" surface would tend to reduce the "perfection" of the deuterium
lattice, and also D escaping from the surface would also produce holes in the
lattice).
This would also tend to explain the requirement for long loading times, as it
takes quite a while for full occupation of lattice sites to be achieved at
depth.

So much for their theory. For my version, where the D is in the form of
Deuterinodeuteride (i.e. Deuterino-), the fusion reaction may well not be the
major reaction path. Instead, the formation of Deuterinos themselves may release
most of the energy, with only a few fusion reactions taking place.
Even here, most reactions may take place within the lattice, as He formed in the
electrolyte would tend to escape as a gas, leaving very little to act as
catalyst, while He formed in the solid lattice is largely trapped, and hence
would be available to act as a catalyst.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

The shrub is a plant.