On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
> [snip]
> >Hi
> >
> >Magnetic pressure is a well known concept.
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_pressure
> >
> >It struck me then that other concepts must be applicable to magnetism too
> >like temperature.
>
> Temperature is really a measure of the average kinetic energy of
> particles, so a
> "magnetic temperature" may not have a lot of meaning.

Then magnetic pressure wouldn't either. I have defined what I mean with
magnetic temperature. Pressure and temperature exist whenever energy is
distributed on smaller components. Any energy form where the components are
interacting have pressure and temperature (or at least heat) and maybe
something more. Strike kinetic in your definition and replace it with
interchangeable. By the way the kinetic and magnetic energy of an electron
are indistinguishable.

David