Jones Beene wrote:-
<<Even if the efficiency remains far less than for a dedicated solar panel, with this kind of shift in economics, that lower efficiency is not the real issue>>

I wasn't being negative. In fact, for a long time I have thought that, apart from the research value, it is pointless trying to pursue ultra high efficiency multi junction solar cells up to and beyond 30% when a much less efficient cell, that can be deployed over much greater areas, would achieve the same thing at a fraction of the cost. People have been rather hypnotised by the prospect of a few square meters of blue/black panel creating their "juice" and overlook the bigger, lower tech route towards getting the same power...