Attached is my translation of an announcement in Japanese that was circulated to the JCF Society mailing list. The announcement includes one figure, which I shall attach to the next message I sent here. I am not sure if I can upload figures to Vortex.

I do not know what to make of the part about motor rotation.

I hope to arrange a video of this demonstration during ICCF14. In fact, I hope to persuade them to go for broke and upload a video of the whole kit and caboodle to YouTube.

- Jed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Information about Upcoming Solid State Fusion Public Demonstration

Schedule

Date and time: May 22, 2008 (Thursday), starting at 1:30 p.m.

Place: Arata Hall, where both the demonstration and the question and answer session will be held. In detail:

Advanced Science Innovation Center
Incubation section, Hall A
Below ground Floor 1, meeting room
Also, Hall C, Floor 3, laboratory

Content:

1. General explanation (to be held in Arata Hall)
Prof. Arata's lecture explaining the demonstration (30 ~ 60 minutes)

2. Public demonstration (Floor 3, laboratory)

            Explanation of apparatus (10 minutes)
            Operation of apparatus (approximately 60 minutes)
            Temperature measurement display during operation
            Motor rotation
            Helium detection --> data

3. Question and answer session, 30 minutes (below ground Floor 1, meeting room)

[Figure labels]

Solid state fusion experimental apparatus
Reactor body
Heat energy removal
Helium removal

Contact:

Osaka University, Welding Science Research Center
Akira Kobayashi
11-1 Mihogaoka
Ibaragi city

Tel & Fax: 06-6879-8694