It may be of a side interest here that Kasagi produced up to 17 MeV protons from the (assumed) reaction:

D + D + D -> p + n + alpha + 21.62 MEV

via bombardment of a deuterium loaded titanium rod target with
deuterium ions at up to 150 KeV.  See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg01517.html

Note also that the above post is coincidentally relevant also to Jones Beene's phenol discussion in the thread "[Vo]:Biomimicry redux".

It could be that an effective means of co-deposition involves use of a bicarbonate of soda electrolyte, containing iron catalyst, at 200 C and high pressure.