Howdy Thomas,
I would have stopped reading when I came to the statement that Cui is considering a business venture had the article started with this info.
Richard

Thomas reported,
Researchers at the Stanford University Department of Materials Science and Engineering have developed a technique for making lithium ion batteries that hold ten times more charge than current models. "It's not a small improvement," researcher Yi Cui said. "It's a revolutionary development."

"We are working on scaling up and evaluating the cost of our technology," he said.

Cui has filed a patent for the technology and says that he is considering either starting his own company or forming a partnership with an existing battery company to further develop and market it