Compare:

Sol 68, time 10:40:06, position 23077, FOCUS 49111, illumination blue:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images.php?gID=17626&cID=198

to the micrograph:

Sol 93, time 17:21:00, position 23104, focus 49111, illumination blue:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images.php?gID=25876&cID=259

The stage location is significantly shifted so it takes some sliding of the registration before toggling between photos. Things have changed so much it is difficult to pick out landmarks to do the registration. I picked the dark spot adjacent to a large white spot and a small white spot, located half way down and a bit to the right of center. A photo of it is attached.

<<inline: landmark.png>>

I found it useful, once proper registration of the two windows was achieved, to position the cursor near something of interest so as to be sure of the location after toggling.

Over the 25 days some things have remained an place but tendrils attached have moved. Some things have moved slightly and changed shape. Some things have changed color. Some things have not changed position or appearance. Some things have disappeared, and some new things have arrived. Some white things have grown larger. Taken all together this looks like a pretty good indication of life. Where oh where are the atomic force microscope images! The original mission duration is over and yet no meaningful AFM photos??

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/