On Sep 23, 2008, at 8:42 PM, thomas malloy wrote:

Ed Storms opined:

>True, but small comfort. Nevertheless, this rigging would not have been >effective if the election had not been so close. Now we have another close >election, which demonstrates the total irrational thinking of at least 1/2 of
>the population.

One of us has an incorrect world view, which could be termed a form of insanity. The question is, which half, eh?

Good point. So I ask, which half would support the same people who helped get us into the mess and expect they would get us out? I don't mean that people who support McCain are insane, but I question the sanity of people who expect the entire system put in place by the Republican party to change. This system will not and cannot be changed by McCain because he has too many relationships to, friends of, and commitments to the party. This is the nature of politics and is the reason why when each party eventually screws up it has to be replaced by the other party for any change to take place. This is the history of politics in this country. I suggest anyone who votes for McCain expecting a change is delusional. The only issue is whether a change to what Obama would do is any better. Apparently, according to what even the administration admits, it can't be any worse.

Ed

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---