OrionWorks wrote:
> I bet this device look familiar to a few vorts!
>
> See:
>
> http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/09/chinese-buildin.html

Uh -- not me; looks sort of like an antique picture tube, maybe, but  I
don't recognize it.

I notice Emdrive hasn't gotten as far as running a spell checker over
their front page, which doesn't automatically fill one with confidence.

>From the description, it appears to be a microwave oven.  Surprising
that they claim it will fly.

I had one other comment on the website.  On the theory page, they say:

> ... Einstein’s Special Law of Relativity in which separate frames of
> reference have to be applied at velocities approaching the speed of light.

This is absolutely false.  SR does *not* require that you must apply
"separate frames of reference" when approaching the speed of light.  In
fact any analysis which relies on total momentum or energy *must* be
carried out entirely within a *single* reference frame or else you'll
end up with nonsensical results (just as they have apparently done here).

In the FAQs they say:
> Thus the system of EM wave and waveguide can be regarded as an open
> system, with the EM wave and the waveguide having separate frames of
> reference.

This is complete nonsense.  The "reference frame" chosen is based on
what makes it easiest to solve a particular problem.   There's nothing
magical about relativity theory here, nor is there any mystical
significance to the term "reference frame"; *exactly* the same concept
exists in ordinary Newtonian mechanics.

When a pool player strikes a ball, in the frame of the table, the cue
and the player's arm have significant momentum just before the ball is
hit.  Afterwards, the table, player, and cue have zero momentum in the
*table's* reference frame.  And yet, the ball has zero momentum in the
*ball's* reference frame, too!  So, where did the momentum go?  Answer:
you need to do the momentum budget using a *single* frame, not a
different frame for each physical object!  (But you get to pick which
frame to use.)