Who benefits?

Russia - We are stretched too thin to respond to their actions.
China-  We need their money and are willing to sell our companies cheap.
Military-Industrial-Complex-  The bigger the threat, the more they make.
Europe - The weaker we are, the less competition we are for them.
International Corporations - The weaker the dollar, the more they make.
Muslims countries - The weaker we are, the less able we are to counter their actions.
iran - They will get the bomb because we are weaker.

Who loses?

Israel
The Republican party and its philosophy.
The Bush legacy.
You and I

Ed