Hi,
[snip]
>Quick - vorticians - name the country that is the world's second largest
>exporter of food and agricultural products, after
>the United States.

The Netherlands is primarily a trading nation and has been for centuries, so
some of the exports may also be imports.

>Hint- that country is not large and warm, like Australia or Brazil, and in
>fact is *tiny* - having  only twice the acreage of the state of Massachusetts.
>And with about one-fourth of its land located below sea level, it is far from
>ideal cropland.

Actually most of it is excellent cropland, because it is silt washed down by the
rivers from the rest of Europe. I think that the land that was reclaimed from
the sea is washed free of its salt by rain water and pumping. That leaves good
soil (silt) for growing food.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>