Hi,
[snip]
>Sun's protective 'bubble' is shrinking
>The protective bubble around the sun that helps to shield the Earth
>from harmful interstellar radiation is shrinking and getting weaker,
>Nasa scientists have warned.
[snip]
I doubt this is actually a big deal. I think that even with no magnetic
shielding at all, the Earth's atmosphere would be more than adequate to the
task.

Besides, how do we know the magnetic field affords any shielding at all? As I
see it, for every particle that is deflected, it could equally well be aiming
another particle directly at us that would otherwise have missed.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>