----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmund Storms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Edmund Storms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Banking on BLP?

I'm confused. I was under the impression that the NaH was the catalyst
required to form the hydrino. If this is true, what is the role of the
Reney nickel?

Ed
Ed, I share your confusion. The paper "Commercializable...." has lots of details but doesn't look well organized. As far as I can tell:

1) The R-Ni acts as a catalyst to dissociate H2 input to 2H. It also absorbs H2, servig as a resivoir. 2) In the BLP paper 0.5% [5 mg] of NaOH is "coated" on the R-Ni. They only way I know to do this is in solution. 3) Having coated the R-Ni, the cell is evacuated. This will remove the water, leaving crystalline NaOH dispersed through the R-Ni 4) The evacuated cell is heated. Reactions with the residual Al, the H , the Na, and the O yield NaH. 5) NaH begins to decompose, with Na now becoming a BLP catalsy for the proximate H atom. Boom. 6) However, NaH is listed as a catalyst itself, as if it can react with acailable H atoms captured in the R-Ni.

Mills is quite specific that the only consumable in the cycle is H2, converted to H[1/4]. All else is regenerated - somehow - in what is called 'bench chemistry'. I can imagine the Na getting spead all over the cell during the reaction. I don't know if just opening the cell and adding water will cause the Na to reaact to produce NaOH again, or just what. No clues given. [An exercise to left for the chemist].

Mike Carrell.