Thomas,

I find this amazing: these very trained, usually journeyman, uncreative type
physicists would be the first to tell people in the new energy that you
can't create energy out of nothing, do this do that. Yet they suspend sane
ideas of conservation laws, mass action and logic and then go and join the
banking sector and spend their time coming up with complex financial
instruments which are trying to do the impossible.

May be a few laws of economics along the lines of physics are required to
remind them:

1) delta W -> 0 as t -> 0. Wealth (W) cannot be created out of thin air in
an infinitesimal amount of time.

2) W > 0 as t > 0. Humans displaying more intelligence than pond life (just)
can improve their lot over time and hence wealth can increase.

3) VW.t <=  H You can borrow or create Virtual Wealth on the never never for
a short period of time given by H'idiots constant but the cosmic censor is
watching and wants it back some day. This is known as the HirePurchasenberg
Certain Trouble Principle.

4) Wealth locked up in assets is Concretised Wealth and is ordered,
coherent, meaningful Wealth.

5) When Concretised Wealth is liquidated it becomes Kinetic Wealth or Cash.

6) Releasing a lot of Wealth on the market creates the Potential to make
more Wealth.

7) The Law of General Increase of Surplus Cash and Disorder (Inflation) is
not a nice one. It is better to tie up wealth in more ordered things like
Concretised Wealth.

7a) If wealth is released in a rapid/fool hardy manner it actually
dissipates Wealth. This is known as the CantDo Law. Wealth creation
processes are thus CantDo Law limited.

When Kinetic Wealth is released gradually, realistically by mature educated
people in slow processes (as opposed to get rich quick processes) it has the
potential to do a lot of good. However this requires patience which is a
higher human function (see pond life).

8) Path Independence: When you are creating more Wealth it doesn't really
matter what path you take in expressing this as long as it is constructive,
improves the lot of mankind and the planet and is done in an ethical way.

However complex financial instruments (applying 'complex' pseudo
mathematical operators and procedures on the measures of Wealth) to give you
the Expectation of More Wealth actually does nothing useful.

Thus 'Hedging it', 'betting it', 'collateralising it' actually in themselves
don't increase Wealth,

                That sirs requires Talent.