Opps! Typos and grammatical errors in past posts. Quick typing and very very
mild dyslexia I guess.

I find keeping problems really simple with analogies, get the bare facts of
the matter, brainstorm and then solve the problem works. I've never really
come across anything that doesn't succumb to reductionism. This is an
article of my faith.

(yes I'm still thinking about that gas car PV, TS diagrams. I had some
misconceptions its one big potentially reversible adiabatic in the ideal
case without the long piston but a reciprocating engine releasing the
pressure in little steps. It doesn't have to be too limited if it can keep
to the grand sweep of that main adiabatic and could be a good form of energy
storage with some tricks).

There is no mystery to economics it just that the experts want to keep
messing around with the definitions for ideological and control reasons.

The basic problem is the golden goose and people pissing in the beer to pass
it off as real:-

        We'll give you fake beer so we can motivate you and some of you will
actually make real beer which we'll water down again. That's how this
refinancing trick goes - we keep picking the tab up, eventually.

Local currency schemes look good (and there is internet digital money). It's
a level up from barter but you trade with those whose word is good. Trouble
is you can't op-out because Nurse Mildred Ratched has got you bound into the
big gov. system and she knows what's best for you (she wants your tax too
and woe betide you if you don't pay that - you'll get your door kicked
down).

The future needs self-sufficient, sustainable communities (own means of #1
energy, #2 food, #3 waste disposal, #4 medicine, #5 building) than being
tied into greater society. Even in a city there can be SSSCs its just an
agglomeration.

If we do #1 then #2 and #3 look good. I note that #4 is being prevented in
Europe by the state trying to outlaw health foods. If you need a
prescription you get tied in, they have to scare you with horror stories
first though. Nurse Mildred Ratched will give you nightmares.