On Nov 6, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Edmund Storms wrote:

I find the logic of this discussion odd.

Perhaps because there is a lack of any logic at all.

If, as Christians, Muslims and Jews believe, there is but one God, then they are all worshiping that one God no matter what they call it.

The above statement is not a logical necessity. For example, each religion might assume theirs is the one and only God while the others are deluded, worshiping false gods, an act no different from the worshiping of a specific rock or plant. It is only the shared history that makes a logical necessity of the shared God being one and the same.

If many Gods exist, as Hindus believe then we have a problem.

My point is that this can not the case for Christians, Muslims and Jews, who share a common history, a common Abraham, and thus a common God.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/