From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 9:28 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:Self-powered devices possible, researcher says...

Hope you all had a very pleasant and filling Thanksgiving... now on to the cool
stuff.

http://www.physorg.com/news147353581.html

"Specifically, Cagin and his partners from the University of Houston have found
that a certain type
of piezoelectric material can covert energy at a 100 percent increase when
manufactured at a very
small size – in this case, around 21 nanometers in thickness.

What's more, when materials are constructed bigger or smaller than this
specific size they show a
significant decrease in their energy-converting capacity, he said."

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and tastes like a duck, it probably
is a duck...
Substitute "resonant effect" for duck... which is just more evidence that most
all of science is
built on the non-resonant behavior of bulk materials/molecules/atoms.  What's
possible if we were to
find and exploit the resonant behavior of these systems/assemblages????
Granted, the resonant
frequencies involved are probably very limited and in many cases a moving
target...

-Mark

Checked by AVG.
5:53 PM