Terry Blanton wrote:

> BTW, John Roberts sure needed a teleprompter since he hosed the Oath of
Office.

That poor man! He must have been mortified. He was seen telling Obama "it
was my fault."

They straightened it out today. Roberts came to the White House and
administered the oath again. (Really.) Quoting CNN:

Roberts asked Obama whether he was ready.

"I am, and we're going to do it very slowly," Obama replied.

. . .

Before Wednesday's do-over at the White House, Obama, waiting on a couch,
joked that "we decided it was so much fun ... "

After a flawless recitation, Roberts smiled and said, "Congratulations
again."

"Thank you, sir," the president replied. After a smattering of applause,
Obama quipped that "the bad news for the [press] pool is there's 12 more
balls."

It is nice to see a president with a sense of humor.

My daughter was on the Mall during the inauguration. She was a volunteer so
they gave her a seat close to the Capital, and sent me a picture via cell
phone camera as it was happening. She told me some things that you would not
know seeing it on television. Most remarkably, as Obama began his speech,
all two million people there instantly stopped talking and moving. They were
quiet and attentive "as if they were in church" she said. There were only a
few "applause lines" and the cheering was brief.

The acoustics of the giant speakers and and jumbotrons were remarkably good,
all across the Mall. Other people who were there told me they had no
difficulty hearing the speech.