Howdy Vorts,
Talked with an old friend with family in Texas banking more than 140 years.
He asked me what I thought of the bailout proceedings.  I mentioned it looked
more like another prelude to the Weimar Republic over in Germany after WW1. He
asked me about the rise of Hitler afterwards and I allowed that history has a
way of creating a sorta " slingshot" effect like happened at that time..
I said.. now it's my turn.. as an owner of several Texas banks.. what are your
thoughts?  He paused and said.. I think the Weimar Republic experience was a
prelude... only this time it's not going to be another prelude..but the real
thing.
 I asked ..will it include a strong man rising afterwards??
He said.. Richard.. I see you know your Bible.