I posted at Steorn:

http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=61501&page=1#Item_1

The energy required to lift a bucket results from applying a force
over a distance. The amount of energy required is not a function of
time. Whether the bucket is lifted in minutes or hours, the energy
expended is the same for a given distance. Gravity is a time invariant
force.

If I understand what I am reading on this forum, it is claimed that
magnetism is a time variant force. This means that the energy expended
in field interactions is different when the distances are traversed
over changing time.

I have no doubt that, when measuring the interaction of two magnets or
a magnet and a ferromagnetic material, this will certainly be the
case. But the reason is NOT because magnetism is a time variant force.
It's because another force comes into play in changing magnetic fields
that is time variant. It results from the Lenz law.

NdFeBo magnets are also conductors. When a changing magnetic field is
applied to a conductor, there is a magnetic force generated due to
induced currents in the conductor which oppose the original field.
This force will vary with the velocity of the interacting magnets.
Unfortunately, while the Lenz law effects will unbalance an energy
equation, it will never result in a positive energy gain. At least not
that has been demonstrated.

Terry