Robin,

As regards the reactions you mention:

Li7 + H -> 2 He4 + 17.3 MeV
Li6 + H -> He4 + He3 + 4 MeV

Li7 is 92.6%, Li6 is 7.4% of natural Lithium. This yields an average of about
16.3 MeV / atom of natural Lithium.

Yes these are clean reactions which produce fewer radioisotopes, lots of energy
and "look good on paper". In practice, it has been another story entirely.

Although everything you say is true, what you have left out is that the
threshold parameters for this kind of reaction (really a fission reaction) are
severe - so much so that if you are going to use protons, the p-11B fuel cycle
is highly preferred over lithium, due to the more attainable cross-section in
practice.

After all, lithium targets for proton beams were among the very first targets,
and there are 60 years of R&D that show that accelerating protons for this
reaction is hopelessly lossy. Of course, I suspect that is not what you have in
mind, but I merely wanted to put this in perspective for those who have not
followed your thought process over the years.

If aneutronic fusion is the only goal using accelerated protons - then

p + 11B --> 3 4He

will happen at a threshold of only 125 keV, which seems to be doable with IEC
since boron targets are very heat resistant - yet the optimum temperature for
this reaction is still ten times higher than that for the tritium. The energy
which would be lost to magnetic confinement would be too severe to consider
(500 times more than for the D-T reaction), plus the power density will be 2500
times lower. So IEC is the only known way to use boron (or lithium), and it has
its own cost and efficiency problems.

Of course we all hope that another approach to lithium fusion is feasible, and
methinks you are ultimately focused on a hydrino pathway, but until that
pathway is shown to have a decent cross-section (or other method of
implementation), then it probably remains too speculative for high level
funding in the USA, due also to the stigma given to Mills/BLP by the likes of
Park & company.

I hope you can get enough funding to show that a reaction of 7Li + Hy works in
some form, or else another promising hydrino fission reaction, which ever is
better. Due to power density consideration, this may end up being the only way
that the hydrino is feasible for large amounts of grid power.

If I win Lotto - you will be on my list for immediate funding ;-)

Jones