grok took another big drink of the cool aide and wrote:

our senses, Sajay Samuel says, we have no basis on which to question
science. He argues for a revival of common sense.

What we all require is a revival of _dialectical_ sense.
Dialectical thinking says that truth is relative. It says that words mean what the speaker wants them to mean. Consequently the Constitution can be a living document, meaning that it is OK to abridge someone's freedom of speech or religion because someone else finds their speech or ideas hateful. Dialectical thinking is the predominate world view in the western world, which is a major reason for it's continued deterioration.

Dialectic thinking leads to the victim having a compartmentalized mind. Meaning that they can have different ideas in different parts of their mind. Another aspect of this is communitarian thinking, victims of this are unable to think on their own, preferring to follow the herd.

The religious embodiment of dialectic thinking is syncranistic pantheism, all religions are OK, except for those which advocate absolute transcendent truths. Those are denigrated as hateful.

Dialectical thinking is the opposite of didactic thinking. Didactic logic is the basis of science. Various Vortexians have raised the possibility of a conspiracy to account for some of the events associated with the various threads.

IMHO, Grok has raised the underlying issue; the mechanism by which the Oligarchy has twisted the minds of the vast majority of the population. It is this twisting which accounts for the insanity we are witnessing.

But such a revolution in thinking won't be happening while the
capitalists control our money
By focusing on capitalists you are ignoring the real issue, Grok. That being the Oligarchs. They exist across the spectrum of societies; from ones where free enterprise is allowed America, to ones where it isn't, Soviet Union, and the ones in between, which have private ownership, but public control.

Private ownership of the means of production is a very efficient means of producing goods and services. In order to find a system like the one that the Soviets had superior, you just need to ignore all of the unpleasant consequences which it produced for the poor schmoes who lived under it, and the Oligarchs (aparchecks) who controlled it.

compartmentalization, with everyone
'encouraged' to know only what they need to know. And most of them don't
need to know.
Dialectic thinking leads to the compartmentalized thinking that you decry Grok, for you to believe otherwise just shows that you've been drinking the Oligarchy's cool aide.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---