-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell

Jones Beene wrote:

>This kind of thing could be accomplished using a
precision
>calorimeter, and it is a bit surprising that it has
not been
>attempted, such as in the MOAC ...

I think this would be orders of magnitude below the
sensitivity of
the MOAC. You would need a micro-calorimeter, such as the
one they
use at Tsinghua U., which they claim can measure the heat
from a
cricket chirping. Space-based Michael calorimeters can
measure the
heat from a single fast moving nuclear particle impact.

I do not think the sample holder of a conventional
micro-calorimeter
could accommodate something like this. The schematics of
the ones I
have seen have very small capacity.

- Jed