Up until the 20th Anniversary and the 60 Minutes broadcast, nearly every
reference to cold fusion in the mass media was either an attack, a joke, or
cold fusion as example of something impossible, egghead, or mistaken. In
recent weeks I have seen few articles like that, and several like these two:

A letter to the editor in the Salt Lake Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12327759?source=rss

QUOTE:

". . . Until cold fusion or hydrogen is developed (years away), nuclear
power is our best option; proposed alternative energy options are cruel
jokes."

Here one at physorg.com:

http://www.physorg.com/news161024861.html

QUOTE

"5. Nuclear: Perhaps the most controversial form of renewable energy is
nuclear energy. Electricity is produced from the energy released by nuclear
reactions. While fission (splitting) is the main source used today, interest
continues in developing cold fusion."

This links to another recent physorg.com article:

http://www.physorg.com/news157046734.html

Little things like this can have a large, cumulative effect. The physorg
article has generated 40 visits to LENR-CANR.org in recent days. The CBS
broadcast did not accomplish all that some people hoped it might, but it
quelled the drumbeat of opposition and ridicule in the mass media, and
behind the scenes it may be setting in motion serious interest and funding.

Perhaps things are working out like in the last scene of the movie "Force 10
from Navarone" -- which I shall not describe, so as not to spoil the movie
for those who have not seen it! It is an otherwise forgettable movie.