One of the possible uses of Ultraconductors(tm) in wire form, which is likely
in the next year or two, it to construct ambient temperature polymer permanent
magnets.

Unlike conventional superconductors, which have electron pairs with opposite
spins, Ultraconductors have parallel spins, analogous to those in permanent
magnets.

They have been tested in magnetic fields up to 9 Tesla, with no decrease in
conductivity. That was the limit of the equipment. It is anticipated they may
be capable of withstanding fields of 25 Tesla or higher.

Should this prove out, Ultraconductors may be an alternative to Neodymium. They
are made from atactic polymers, which are often discarded as waste material, as
unlike isotactic polymers they are amorphous materials, without tensile
strength.

Since 1-2 micron diameter (1/50th the diameter of a human hair) conducting
channels can carry 50 amperes, these materials may become an exciting source of
powerful magnets.

The Ultraconductor development program is winding back up after a three year
hiatus due to lack of funds. See www.chavaenergy.com and
www.ultraconductors.com for more information. (The latter site may be down for
a day or so while the domain is being transferred to Chava).

Mark