On May 31, 2009, at 11:56 AM, grok wrote:

As the smoke cleared, Horace Heffner <hheff...@mtaonline.net>
mounted the barricade and roared out:

It seems to me also true the probability of mating itself may change due to mutations, and this is a form of of natural selection. The gradual development of an appearance change amongst a sub-population of a species
could gradually isolate that group genetically, even though it is not
isolated geographically.

The classic example of this being an ongoing fact all at once in the Here and Now, is
with "ring species":
<http://bio.research.ucsc.edu/~barrylab/classes/animal_behavior/ SPECIATE.HTM>

I'll bet you don't get THAT gene meme in the Bible.

- -- grok.

This is quite an interesting web site. Thanks for posting it. I have not had the time to read recent vortex posts, much less respond, so I'm glad I came across your post.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/