Vortexians;

We have previously discussed the subject of hydrogen storage and utilization. I'm writing to solicit your opinions on this technology. http://www.apolloenergysystems.com/ publications. Their plan is to recharge the cobalt lead battery, which, AFAIK is a variant of the lead acid battery, with the ammonia fuel cell. The literature says that this battery has an energy storage capacity in KW / KG comparable to a Li ion or a Ni hydride battery, at 20 to 25 cents on the dollar. I'm excited by this, and have suggested that they start marketing them.

What I'd like to discuss is the carbon footprint and the cost effectiveness of recharging the battery by : A plugging it into the grid, or B : using anhydrous ammonia to power the fuel cell. AFAIK, the production of anhydrous ammonia requires prying N2 apart. As I recall, this requires 14K calories per mol, which is one reason that NO3 based explosives work so well. I don't see where that energy is harvested, so the cracker should get real hot.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---