So, its not velocity that causes time dillation, thats simply a
convenient way of reffering to it.

Its the difference in actual space traveled during the interval
compared to going in a geodesic, or straight line?

which, honestly, is a sum of the velocities of the trip of the non
geodesic object, yes?

(damn, i think i reconfused myself)

Thank you very very much btw for taking the time on this Stephen!