The problem is just that , conversion efficiency. The more conversions
you make, the more entropy in teh system, the more energy lost.

What are you going to "make" other than electricity?  We have internal
combustion motors, and we have electical motors.  so, if not
electricity, then some new burnable fuel?  made how?