From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:46 PM
To: vortex-L@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:I'm back

I am back, but I think I shall refrain from posting messages until
Bill Beaty has had time to mull things over and clarify his policies.

Regarding this kerfuffle, I wrote to Bill:

". . . If you decide to permanently move the standard toward
apolitical postings only, I do not think I have anything worthwhile
to contribute.

A person running a web page or discussion group has every right to
change the standards or focus of the discussion. If you were running
a discussion on Japanese grammar, for example, I might well
participate. But if you decided to limit the focus to early-Edo
period Japanese (circa 1600), while that is a perfectly legitimate
topic, I know little about it, so I would withdraw."

Regarding the Washington Times author James Robbins, he told me he
was serious and not sarcastic about cold fusion.