Don't know Steven, I watched the other video link you supplied and surely one
is inclined to take
the word of those that say they saw it rise from the volcano... This is what's
frustrating... SO
many questions that need to be asked.  If it was a common occurrence then
whoever saw a ring rising
from the volcano probably did not watch it ascent all the way up to
cloudbase... More interesting
things to look at. And its way too dark; more like smoke from a petroleum fire.

Also, one can't tell how long the video clip was since the news probably just
plays it in a loop.
HOWEVER, the ring was obviously right at 'lifting condensation level'
(cloudbase) since part of it
was obscured inside the cloud, and if the ring maintained the near perfect
circular shape with well
defined edges for 10 minutes, I'd have to see it myself to feel comfortable
with the smoke ring
explanation, and so I could make some reasonable judgement as to why the
turbulence wouldn't have at
least partially distorted it...

BTW, if I was in my ufo I'd probably hang around above that volcano too so
people would think that
my 'ride' was a smoke ring, while I was watching the human behavior down below!
 ;-)

-Mark