Indeed not much, but there is no reason to believe that it should be
insufficient as we know the capacitance wasn't going to be very high, I have
not yet established if it is less than might be expected however.

Well Ok let's charge the cap with a few KV and then see if this emission of
electrons occurs, there is an upside and down side to this.

The down side is that so many of the established dont's are being done
success will be a bit unlikely in the current version, the up side of this
if you will be less likely to get struck by lightening or kill electronics
in the general region as both Hiddink claimed and was to a lesser degree
reported by Stiffler, also a guy on a Ed Gray conversion tube list after
listening to me tried some stuff out and fried a pack of distant diodes.

Ok, so here is how to increase the odds of success.

Change the foil to copper wire coiled around the tube, a caduceus perhaps or
a plain helix with a spacing of less than 1cm say? This should let the
charges escape yet hopefully not reduce capacity too much.

Try and ensure the capacitance between any part of the grid section and any
metalic part of the plasma section is minimal, then the plasma is off we
want the grid's capacitance to be as low as possible.

Try with the Fluro but they may not work be prepared to switch to a Xenon or
other.  A fluro not working would only prove Hiddink right, to quote
him:*"The instant High Voltage depends on the fast extinguishing of
the tube.
A fluoresent tube will have that fluoresing going for a while and mess up
your experment.*"

He never told me what he used but Stiffler got results with a Xenon, but
filling your own sounds like a top notch idea.

Try and use an insulated metal plate (copper with candle wax? Al might be a
poor choice here), see if it can collect a charge. (much like that Tesla
patent) If this can be verified then the rest must logically be true IMO.

Mainly though see if the charge left on the grid has increased.  Measure
how?

Switching should be abrupt, if I knew enough to be a competent erxperimenter
I'd try it, but see what works, manual switches, relays, spark gaps and
vacuum tubes have all been used, MOSFETS might work but might be more
trouble than they are worth.

Remember the plasma MUST be kept at an absolute negative charge not a
relative negative charge so you can't ground either end. (without a resistor
as in Edwins circuit)

And again maybe you will get results regardless but Stiffler tried for days
only getting results when he 1: had a smooth ripple free current exciting
the plasma. 2: disconnected both ends of the current to the tube.

As for producing useful energy I think it is very much an issue as shown in
the "JLN Patent" of frequency, even puny capacitors are less puny when
voltage and frequency rise.

Here is Hiddink on how to run the plasma and charge the cap:

"The easiest way to make a power supply is:
Use a 12 Volt Car battery. Construct a transistor convertor, that runs in a
frequency of around 400 c/s. You can use 60 c/s but then the next part of
the high voltage may get too warm.
If you have the Reference Book for Radio Engineers, you will find a circuit
for a ladder/multiplier circuit. In my edition there was a mistake. Make
sure that the "(" part of the capacitor is not connected to the + side in
the circuit. I used capacitors that were about .047, rated at 400 volts.  I
got from a bunch of them  around 4,000 volts, with a tap at 1200 Volts to
fire the tube.
Now, when I did it from my basement workshop, using only one tube, I fired
the tube, used the second toggle switch to charge the capacitor and next
released *both* switches. I got a heck of a poke, an explosion was heard
outside and the lights went out."

A portible experiment would make sense due to the effect on electronics.
I believe that the Imris Pavel patent may be designed to slow and stop these
electrons on account of the details of the dielectric used.

The first version could be a one shot, but after the principle has been
proven then a high frequency version to generate excess energy should be a
straightforward electrical engineering challenge.