Actually I'm not sure it is silly, counter intuitive but *maybe* right.

A point concentrates charges and voltage, it might depend very much on the
specifics.

However my personal believe is that the capacity is not an issue merely that
it contracts a flat piece.

I took a bayonet light bulb and put my thumb on one terminal and carefully
positioned the other terminal to be struck and sure enough a strong
discharge was felt.

Putting a small bit of wire on the terminal to draw the arc killed the
effect.

The capacitance there must be tiny.

So I took a piece of AL foil and used that to draw the arc despite having a
larger capacitance it manifested the effect only weakly.