This brief excerpt from the Kiplinger Letter, Aug, 14, 2009

----------

DEFENSE:

Plenty of business opportunities as the military's needs change. Much
of the new defense technology will have commercial applications as
well.

Data mining. Ever more sophisticated software to collect, analize and
prioritize data from drones, satellites, cell phones, radar, Internet
posting, etc. Modus Operandi of Melbourne, Fla., is one firm working
with the military.

Optics. Hundreds of tiny lenses that fit on a business-card-size
surface... stuck on a soldier's helmet or the wing of a drone to
record high quality video. Southern Methodist University's engineering
department is heading up the project.

Durable blimps. Surveillance aircraft, AS BIG AS FOOTBALL FIELDS,
[caps mine] that stay aloft for months… eventually, for years. Working
with the Defense Dept...Lookheed Martin.

Regarding those "durable blimps" I think we may be about to see the
unveiling of some of those mysterious black triangles the size of
football fields witnessed by so many in the nighttime skies over the
last decade or so.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com